Scripture: Genesis 28:12 NIV
He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
Jacob was alone on his journey when he had a remarkable dream. He saw a ladder reaching from earth to heaven. And the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
What a powerful picture.
Jacob was lying down, perhaps tired, uncertain, and wondering what the future held. Yet, while Jacob was resting,
Heaven was active.
The angels were moving.
God was at work.
Jacob could not control what was happening in the heavenly realm, but God was already working on his behalf.
Sometimes we are like Jacob. We see our circumstances and think nothing is happening.
BUT JACOB'S LADDER REMINDS US THAT WHAT WE SEE IS NOT ALL THAT IS HAPPENING
You may be waiting for an answer to prayer.
You may be waiting for a door to open.
You may be waiting for change in your family, your work, your purpose, or your future.
DON'T LOSE HEART
Even when you are resting, God is working.
Even when you are waiting, God is active.
Even when you cannot see the movement,
GOD HAS NOT STOPPED MOVING
The angels ascending and descending were a reminder that JACOB'S earthly journey was connected to GOD'S heavenly purpose.
So keep trusting.
Keep praying.
Keep believing.
You may not see the activities of heaven, but you can trust the GOD who is in control of it.
Let us pray.
Father,
Thank you that even when I cannot see what you are doing, You are still at work. When I feel like nothing is happening, remind me of JACOB'S ladder. Help me remember that there is activity in heaven even when there is silence on earth. Give me patience while I wait, faith when I cannot see, and peace when I do not understand.
Let your angels minister according to your will, and let your presence surround me wherever I go. Help me to stop worrying about what I cannot see and start trusting the GOD who sees everything.
I choose to believe that heaven is active. You are working, and my story is still in your hands.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
Blessings
Pastor June
Gatekeeper 60 Minutes with God.
If this devotional encouraged you, please share it with someone who may need it today.
Comments
Post a Comment